2. China is the largest exporter in the world.
3. China is the second largest importer in the world.
4. China currently accounts for nearly 10% of world trade.
5. The United States’ 2010 estimated GDP is $14.7 trillion.
6. China’s 2010 estimated GDP is $9.8 trillion.
7. The Chinese government indicated in January that its companies signed contracts worth $45 Billion with American businesses. This increase in United States export business is expected to support an estimated 235,000 U.S. jobs. (The Boeing Airplane order for 200 planes is the largest portion of this deal, valued at $19 Billion.)
8. Before this year, the last time that an American President hosted China’s president for a dinner was 13 years ago during the Clinton administration.
9. In 2009, China’s economy was one third the size of the United States’ economy.
10. China’s population is approximately 4 times the size of America’s population.
*Note: Ok, so number seven is only about America, but I wanted to show the comparison. The facts listed above are to the best of my knowledge the most accurate as of today. There is no guarantee they will stay true in the future.